Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Is In The Air

10/6/13
Brrrrrr, it is chilly and windy this morning. It was almost 90 during the week. I think fall has come to Kansas. KU and KState lost football games yesterday. The Chiefs, 4-0, play this afternoon against the Titans.

I am off to heat up the kitchen with this recipe. It is Southwestern Pasta Gratin from One-Dish Vegetarian Meals. I first made it last March. I almost always follow the recipe exactly the first time but then mix it up to our taste or with what I have on hand. This recipe calls for pinto beans, we prefer black beans. In place of elbow macaroni I used a vegetable bow tie. I add more garlic, added green pepper because I have a lot of them right now. The jalapeno came straight from the garden minutes before I chopped it up.
My knitting this afternoon while watching football will be my Hitchhiker. The yarn is Plymouth Yarn      Diversity in the color 0004. My son bought me the yarn for Christmas in 2012. He is a huge fan of "The           Hitchhikers Guide to the Universe" so this was an obvious pattern.        
                                                             
Have a wonderful Sunday and I hope the weather is beautiful where you are. 



No comments: